A Message from the Superintendent
Nancy S. Grasmick, Maryland State Superintendent of Schools
I’m delighted to welcome you to Maryland and its top–ranked schools. More than 850,000 students are enrolled in Maryland’s 1,430 public schools. However, with all childcare and early learning services consolidated at the state department of education—a move that eases young children’s transition into school—Maryland actually serves more than 1 million children and their families every year.
From preschool through high school, Maryland’s high standards and strong academic support are producing students primed for the 21st Century’s remarkable opportunities. In fact, examining key education and employment indicators, Education Week said that children in Maryland have the nation’s fifth–best shot at adult success.
Click here to view the entire text.
To view a letter from the State Superintendent of Schools, Click here.
Fort Meade has a School Liason Officer. Click here for information on how to contact them, or call 301-677-1227. The following are public schools located on Fort Meade but governed by the Anne Arundel County School District. They are not Department of Defense Dependent System (DODDS) schools:
- Manor View Elementary School: Kindergarten through 5th grade.
- Meade Heights Elementary School: Kindergarten through 5th grade.
- Pershing Hill Elementary School: Kindergarten through 5th grade.
- West Meade Elementary School: Kindergarten through 5th grade.
- MacArthur Middle School: 6th, 7th and 8th grades.
- Meade Middle School: 6th, 7th and 8th grades.
- Meade Senior High School: 9th through 12th grade.
- Meade Senior High Extended Learning Program Application Form (PDF File)
Off-Post Feeder Schools:
For information regarding school test scores and statistics for every school in Maryland click here.